HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT STEAK
Sear it quick and rest it slow
Searing by grilling, pan-frying or griddling seals in the juices and caramelises the surface for added flavour. Resting helps the meat to achieve the full flavour and tenderness.
1. Remove your steaks from the fridge half an hour before cooking, to bring up to room temperature. Pre-heat your grill, griddle or frying pan to high.
2. You can season your steaks should you wish but, do not over season.
3. Place a good knob of butter in a pot and add some beef fat that you may have trimmed off or some beef dripping and simmer. Brush both sides of the meat with the liquor using a bouquet garni should you wish. Sear quickly for 2 or 3 minutes each side. Turn the moment meat juices start to appear on the crispy brown surface.
4. If you like your steak rare, remove it straight after searing and rest it. For medium rare to medium, turn down the heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes each side, depending on the thickness. Turn the steaks as little as possible, and do not overcook, as this will make them dry.
5. Test for doneness by pressing gently with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon.
6. Now comes the time for resting. If possible, place the steaks on a dish, cover with foil, and leave in a warm place for up to 10 minutes.
7. Your steaks are now ready to serve onto a hot dinner plate, with hot vegetables and sauce. Provided the meat is properly rested and warm throughout, the full flavour can be appreciated – it does not need to be sizzling hot.
8. Finally, lay your table with sharp steak knives designed to cut cleanly through the meat, rather than heavily serrated edge blades, which encourage your guests to ‘saw’ at the meat. (This gives the impression of toughness on even the tenderest steak). A razor sharp blade with a slight serration enhances your enjoyment of the whole eating experience.
To find out more call +353 906 432 403 or email email@example.com
John Stone Fine Foods - First to receive the National Halal Mark in the UAE
John Stone Fine Foods - Working with 'Origin Green' accredited farmers
WORLD STEAK CHALLENGE
John Stone Fine Foods - Wins GOLD at the ‘World Steak Challenge’
John Stone Fine Foods Ltd
Rathmore, Ballymahon, Co.Longford, Ireland N39 T3C3
T: +353 90 643 2403 | F: +353 90 643 2402 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
© John Stone Fine Foods Limited | Privacy & Cookies